Thursday 4 July 2013

Style Arc Georgia Peplum Top

I hardly ever make tops and had been hunting for fabric and the perfect pattern to make a peplum for AGES. Style Arc's version did not have many reviews of it floating around but I trusted int heir great fit and went for it. 
   


After receiving the pattern I still didn't have the right fabric but this came pretty soon when? I happened to pass through Surry Hills and suddenly found myself in the Fabric Store.  A silk remnant 'just'  long enough to make the top with short sleeves was the perfect match and I made the top the very same day. 


Most work went into laying out the fabric on the small amount I had and making the most of the tassle border print. I'm glad I did because my first layout would have me put the seaming right through the knots right at the front.   

I have worn the top a few times now - making it a complete Style Arc ensemble with the April Pant. I haven't reviewed them and the pictures of the pants aren't great, but I recommend this pant also. Easy to put together, and the paneling is very flattering on pear shapes. I made mine using a combination of Ponte 'n Pleather.  rock 'n roll. 

Showing off the Jetson- effect!



Back exposed separating zipper. Maybe I need to take some excess fabric out of the back?


Pattern Description: 
Our peplum top is stylised with interesting dart detail which allows it to be more figure flattering. Make it with or without sleeves. 

Pattern Sizing:
I made the 12

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
They were fine. I didn't really use them ;-)

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I was on the hunt for a peplum pattern and the stylearc version won from the very popular vogue peplum based on Style Arcs reputation of making great fitting patterns. And for the interesting darts. Shame these darts disappeared in the print, but I looove the fit.

Fabric Used:
A silk remnant from the fabric store in surry hills. A bargain and with a great border detail that was a complete surprise to me when I unwrapped the folded fabric.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I used French seams and omitted the centre front seam. I also used an exposed and separating zipper in the back.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Absolutely! More in print and definitely one in a plain fabric. And I may even amend this to be a dress!

Conclusion: 
Highly recommend this top

6 comments:

  1. Wow - beautiful top! I love how you've placed the fabric pattern on the top; definitely worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great version of this pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I'm going to have to add this to the to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bobbin, I just made another one with long sleeves in a lace fabric, If/when I find time to take pics I will blog about it. Anyway, totally recommend this pattern and hope to see your version one day!

      Delete